4 carrots, sliced
- 3 teaspoons cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 400 gram tin chickpeas
- 100 grams cavolo nero or kale, sliced
- Juice & zest of 1 orange
- 100 grams Merchant Gourmet Wholewheat Giant Couscous or any type of pearl couscous
- 250 milliliters water
- 150 grams halloumi, sliced
- 1 handful coriander, chopped
Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
- In a roasting dish mix the carrots with the cumin seeds, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out evenly and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add in the chickpeas and 1/2 the orange juice then pop back into the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- While the carrots and chickpeas are roasting, prepare the couscous (see notes).
Add the water and orange zest to the saucepan and bring it to the boil, before reducing the heat to a simmer and half covering with a lid. Cook the couscous for 15-18 minutes, until the water has been absorbed and the couscous has softened.
- Add the cavolo nero or kale to the roasting dish alongside the carrots and chickpeas and roast for a further 5-8 minutes while you fry the halloumi.
- Heat a cast-iron frying pan on a medium-high heat with a tablespoon of oil. Fry the halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side until it develops a golden-brown crust.
- To serve, mix the cooked couscous in with the roasted carrots, chickpeas and cavolo nero along with the remaining orange juice and zest and the chopped coriander. Pop it all into big dishes with the halloumi on top and enjoy!
Full Article Visit-->Elizabethchloe