- 14 to 16 oz. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided (sub avocado oil)
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 3 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (from 1 small squash)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups lower-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 to 3 handfuls of chopped kale
- Sliced avocado for topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey (sub maple syrup)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Arrange Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and toss with 1 Tbsp. oil, adobo sauce, maple syrup, and 1/2 tsp. salt. On a separate baking sheet, toss butternut squash with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Place both baking sheets in the oven, and roast for ~25 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until tender.
Meanwhile, combine quinoa and broth in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until quinoa is fluffy and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Uncover, and stir in kale, letting residual heat wilt down the leaves.
Prepare dressing by combining olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, and salt in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
Assemble bowls by dividing quinoa and kale mixture evenly into each of 4 bowls. Divide roasted vegetables over top, and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with sliced avocado and/or toppings of choice.
Full Article Visit--> https://dishingouthealth.com/quinoa-power-bowls-with-maple-chipotle-brussels-and-smoky-butternut-squash/
adSspiNJKCZjcq December 07, 2020
GAwjfmVzekQKuYd December 07, 2020