Fresh jumbo shrimp (1 lb)
Chili powder (2 tsp)
Garlic powder (1 tsp)
Onion powder (1 tsp)
Ground pepper (1/2 tsp)
Powdered ginger (1/2 tsp)
Dried red chilies (1/3 cup)
Cooking wine (1 Tbsp)
Vegetable oil (1.5-2 cups)
Fresh cilantro or parsley
Steps (30 min prep, 15 min cook)
1. Clean shrimp thoroughly. Cut off whiskers but leave head on. Use toothpicks to clean away sand veins. Rinse and dry.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. When oil is hot but not boiling, add shrimp and sauté until they change color. Take out and set aside.
3. Discard 80% of the oil in the pan. To the remaining oil add peppercorns, chili powder, onion powder, ground pepper, powdered ginger, and cooking wine. Sauté the mixture on low heat until well-mixed.
4. Add the cooked shrimp and dried chilies. Toss to coat evenly.
5. Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley.