- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces guanciale (or thick-cut bacon, if you can't find guanciale), cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 ounces butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound orecchiette
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- While the oven is preheating at 400°F, cut up the guanciale and butternut squash. Toss them onto a sheet pan, drizzle with the olive oil, shmoosh them around a little, and roast for 30 minutes. At this point, take the sheet pan out, stir in the kale, and place back into the oven to roast for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil and cook the orecchiette according to the box’s instructions, usually 9 to 11 minutes or al dente. Drain and add back to the pot. Tip the contents of the sheet pan into the pasta pot and toss with the Pecorino Romano. Salt and pepper to taste.
Full Article Visit-->Food52