Carrot Top Pesto
- Tops of 1 Bunch Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- 1 Lb Fingerling Potatoes cut into rounds
- 3-4 Large Purple Carrots cut into rounds
- 1 15 oz Can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- A Generous Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Few Sprinkles of Dried Thyme
The Rest of the Salad
- A Few Handfuls Lacinato Kale Sliced Thin
- 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- Sliced Jalapeño if desired
- Sesame Seeds if desired
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Prep vegetables - wash and dry carrots and potatoes. Cut both into rounds (disks), about 1/4 inch thick.
In a bowl, combine chopped potatoes, carrots, and chickpeas. Add in olive oil and spices, and mix well until everything is evenly coated.
On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake vegetables + chickpeas for 45-50 minutes. When they're done cooking, remove from oven and let cool.
While vegetables are cooking, make pesto - combine all ingredients into a food processor and process on high until a slightly smooth pesto is formed.
In a bowl, mix thinly sliced lacinato kale and pesto until kale is evenly covered. Then, add in roasted vegetables + chickpeas and brown rice. Mix well until everything is evenly combined.
Serve in bowls and top with sesame seeds.
Full Article Visit--> WellandFull